Monday 9 September 2013

From Tales to Literature

The little girl rushed into the classroom bursting to tell me her story; excited but rather unsettled she went on to recall how, at the weekend, she was playing in the field with her friends by the old, derelict church within the estate of Llanbedr Hall, when suddenly, appearing from nowhere was a figure all dressed in black and waving a stick.
The children were terribly afraid at the sight of this 'really, really scary and ugly and cross bent old man!' and were rooted to the spot. As he slowly advanced from the church towards them one of the children screamed thus shocking them into flight.
They 'ran for our lives as fast as we could until we reached the houses and when we looked back he was gone!'
I invited the child to tell the story to the rest of the class and we then discussed the history of the estate and the nature of ghosts.  It is all according to how we perceive them we decided, but one thing we can be sure of is that if they do exist, they cannot hurt us, they are made of  'thin air' and we are strong, solid, physical beings.
So we agreed it was great to be scared by a book or a film therefore we will keep our tales and experiences within fiction, hence I found myself promising to write a book!


THREE KIDS GRIPPED BY EVIL  by  POLLY MULLANEY

 A shiver creeps down my spine, even now, as I think back to that first summer in our new home. But I would never wish that those adventures had not happened to my sisters and me because we had wicked fun, as well as scary, spooky, mind bending escapades! '

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment